Welcome to my first installation of Tuesday’s Top Ten, see if you can guess the title:
- Strapless maxi dresses: The girls love to hide under long skirts or dresses whenever I wear them. However, they don’t just hide. They pull, and tug and swing. One wrong pull…
- Strapless tops: Before the girls were weaned, what provided easy access and convenience for me, provided the same for them. However, I was aware of my need for modesty. They were only aware of their need to eat. Occasionally, a conflict of interest…One wrong pull…
- High heels: Ever try chasing two little girls heading in opposite directions with high heels? I have. Once. Not again.
- Mules/strapless/backless shoes: See #3 above.
- Dangle/hoop earrings: I love unique jewelry – colorful, sparkling hoops, dangles. But, I love my intact earlobes more.
- Two-strand twists/straightened hair: Have you seen my hair? I love it. But, these styles require at least (at least) a 6 hour commitment to create. “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”
- All black – dirt magnet.
- All white – dirt magnet.
- Dry clean only clothing – dirt magnet.
- Anything I think I may want/need to wear again before washing – you got the picture…dirt magnet.
Guess the list?
The top ten things I avoid, or rarely wear while I have toddlers.
Yes. That photo was definitely pre-kids.